Tips and Support
Write out all your procedures for your business and keep them in a folder all in once place. Benefits of having written procedures are:
- Procedures help you to delegate and outsource more effectively.
- Procedures give you a back-up plan when you need help.
- Procedures serve as a reference tool and ensure consistency.
- Procedures prepare you and your business for opportunity, growth and success.
- Procedures allow you to take time off.
Make sure you also have procedures for disasters, like
- Cybersecurity breaches
- Technology failure
- Floods and power failure
This way your business is prepared for any eventuality.
To report an attack – You can report fraud or cybercrime to Action Fraud any time of the day or night using their online reporting tool or you can call them on 0300 123 2040 Monday to Friday between 8am – 8pm.
To report data security breach – go here or call them on 0303 123 1113
For Urgent help with cyber issues – click here
For advice on security online – click here
If you need to clean your website – click here
Disaster Recovery Template
Did you know that a report done in the USA found that almost 40% of small businesses never reopen their doors following a disaster! That is a huge amount, and nobody wants to be one of them!
• Think about contingency procedures for what to do in the event of each scenario.
• And once you’ve written your procedures you need to keep a printed copy of your procedures in a safe place at the office/at home and a digital copy that you can access remotely. So that wherever you are when a disaster strikes you are prepared.