As Christmas is just around the corner and a new year looming your thoughts turn to planning for your business for the coming year. Do you have a vision or your business, where will you be this time next year and what do you need to do to get there? Here is an outline of the things you need to consider when moving your business forward for the next year.
- Decide where you want to be in 10 years’ time
- Where do you want to be in 5 years’ time?
- Where do you want to be in 12 months’ time?
- What do you need to do to get there?
- What do you need to learn to get there?
- Who do you need to connect with in order to grow your business?
- What marketing will you need to do and when?
- How do you connect with your clients and can you incorporate this in your plan?
Once you have all this information then set it out in a timeline. What needs to be done first? Then order the goals you need to meet. If you must learn something in order to reach a goal, make sure you add this into your timeline. Obviously, if you need to learn something in order to reach your goal this will have to be completed first.
Once you have a list of your goals in the correct order add them to your diary. You can break each goal into smaller steps and make sure you add each step in your diary with a beginning and an end date. Ensure you complete 3 things each day toward the goals for your business. This way your business will move forward every day. Make this a daily habit, take one step at a time! Your plan is now achievable.