Have you got loads of followers on Social Media? That’s fantastic but what happens if the platform goes down or is no longer available? Have you managed to move them into your sales funnel?
Why it’s important
You need to be in control of your audience so that you can keep them warm and nurture them to bring them down through your sales funnel.
Have you got a free offer to encourage them to sign up to your newsletter? It could be an e-book, checklist, free webinar, free advice, discovery call or something else which offers value. Whatever it is promote it on your social media channels to encourage your followers to sign up. Once you have them in your sales funnel you can keep them warm by offering tips, advice and offers.
Sending a regular newsletter is a great way to connect with your audience. Think about what they need from you. What field is your expertise in and what could you offer them?
- By including links to blogs on your website you can increase your website traffic.
- You can drive sales and grow your community.
- You can build that “know like and trust” that is so important with an already engaged audience.
- Build your credibility and really show off your authentic self.
- You can improve your communication by keeping yourself in front of your ideal target market on a regular basis to improve your visibility.
- Encourage people to share your newsletter so that you can increase your reach.
- Offer incentives and special deals to only your newsletter audience to encourage people to sign up.
- Keep them up to date with new services and products.
- You can deliver customised and targeted messages to make it more personal so that your prospect feels you are speaking directly to them with relevant content that will help them.
- There are many Newsletter marketing platforms that have metrics so you can measure what message works, what time of the day is best to send your newsletter out, how many opens you have so that you can see if what you are offering is what people want. You can see which links have been clicked through to see what is popular.
- You can build excitement and start a conversation.
- You can increase your value and attract more clients.
- You can educate and inform people about how your service/product will benefit them.
- Compared to many other forms of marketing sending a regular newsletter is low cost and environmentally friendly. A win win situation and a great return on investment!
- You can keep your audience healthy and up to date as people can opt out at any time.
- You can build a global audience.
- You have instant impact as you can see results from the minute you send your communication out.
- You can design a newsletter that will fit in with your brand.
Design a newsletter that gets results
You can see from this list that encouraging your contacts, prospects and connections to sign up to your newsletter is a no brainer but how can you get your audience to open them?
- Make sure that your newsletter fits with your brand and design.
- Think about what you want to accomplish by sending a newsletter.
- Don’t make it salesy.
- Make sure you give content of value that people will want to read and use.
- You could re purpose your content. Use a blog that you’ve posted on your website as content for your newsletter. Put some of it in the newsletter and then link to your website to finish reading the rest. You could also record a video with the same content and link to YouTube via the newsletter so that they can listen to it if they don’t want to read it.
- Use punchy, short, eye catching subject lines that encourage people to open them. Use power words like, amazing, mind-blowing, jaw-dropping, blissful or urgent, breaking, important, alert.
- Make sure it’s short and to the point.
- Make sure that it works on mobile devices.
- Think about making your first name as your from address.
- Make sure you write a killer opening line for impact.
- Try to really connect with the reader, make sure your content is relevant and show them how your product or service can really make a difference to them.
- Be consistent. If you say you’ll send out a regular monthly newsletter then that is what you must do.
- Use a mixture of images, video and text to make your newsletter interesting.
- Don’t forget to proofread and check that all the links work. Send yourself a test email to see what your audiences sees.
- Make sure you have a call to action – what would you like them to do next…
- Measure your results so that you know what’s working and can improve on the next newsletter you send.
If you feel you need help putting together your newsletter or you’d like some advice, please contact us. We’re always happy to help.