So, you may have been running your business now for a several years. How do you keep motivated to be innovative and grow your business?
Here are a few tips that may help
- Revisit and understand why you set your business up in the first place, has this changed? Be clear about what you’re working towards, what is your purpose, what is you WHY?
- Write down your mission statement.
- Have you got a clear vision of what you want to do and where you want to go? Define the goals that will take you there.
- Create a plan around your goals, break them into small, manageable steps and plan them into your calendar with deadlines.
- If you are a visual person, put these goals and deadlines up somewhere where you can see them daily along with your final destination. Obviously once you get to your final destination it will be time to set up some new goals to work towards your next destination!
- Keep track of your achievements and reward yourself when you have completed as task or a goal, rewards increase dopamine levels in our brain helping us to feel happy, increases our memory retention, helps us sleep, and regulates our mood and appetite a win-win situation!
- Focus on the positive things that will happen when you take action and keep moving forward even if they are only little steps. Small steps are better than no steps!
- Work with your energy, if you are more creative in the morning work on your business then.
- Create new habits easily by tacking them onto other daily tasks like cleaning your teeth, having lunch etc.
- Get organised and make sure that your workspace is uncluttered and organised.
- If you’re struggling with procrastination start with something easy, often it’s the starting that is the problem. Once you get going, you’ll be on a roll!
- Create a workplace with little or no distractions so that you can focus on the task in hand.
- Work in a different environment to help boost creativity and productivity and your mood.
- Believe in yourself! Overcome self-doubt, boost your confidence, and have the confidence to take action and get things done.
- Visualise your success to increase your self confidence that you can do it!
- Treat failure as a learning experience, identify what you could have done better and use this knowledge to improve your future actions.
- Think positive, what affirmations could help get you into a more positive frame of mind?
- Take control of how you think and feel. Things happen that are outside of our control, but we are in control of how we react to them.
- Always challenge yourself to grow and work on new projects, services, or products. You won’t go anywhere if you don’t get outside your comfort zone.
- If you struggle getting outside your comfort zone, concentrate on tasks that stretch you just a little bit each time rather than something that terrifies you. Focus on small wins and you’ll be surprised how quickly you move forward.
- Get out in nature or do something that inspires you. Exercise is a great motivator if that’s your thing!
- Make sure you look after yourself and take regular breaks for rest and inspiration. Often you will get your best ideas when you rest and are away from work.
- Network with inspirational people and other business owners to collaborate and brainstorm.
The benefits of keeping motivated are enormous for a small business owner. The more motivated you are the more momentum you’ll create in your business, increasing your confidence to be able to tackle more and more ambitious goals to reach greater levels of success.
So, what have you got to lose, see what you can implement from this list that could work for you?
Wishing you the very best of luck!
If you need support with your business please contact us.