Being in the best possible place as a business owner is crucial to the success of your business.
Have you got a morning routine that makes you feel motivated and energised? I’ve found The Miracle Morning for Entrepreneurs by Hal Elrod and Cameron Herold that really helps me get focussed on the things that matter in my life. Ask for your copy for Christmas!
I’ll give you an outline of what is involved. They suggest that you get up an hour earlier than you normally would and focus on the SAVERS for an hour to start your day in the best possible way. If you’re not a morning person then set your alarm and place your clock or your phone on the other side of the room so that you have to get out of bed to turn it off!!
SAVERS stands for
S – Silence (10 minutes)
You can either practice
- Deep breathing
- Or something else that you love doing that will qualify for your practice of silence.
A – Affirmations (10 minutes)
Your affirmations should be related to the goals for your business and what you’d like to accomplish in your life. Set affirmations for all areas of your life.
- Family and Friends
- Personal Growth and Development
- Significant other/Romance
- Fun and Recreation
- Physical Environment
Make sure that you are specific about what you want and what you need to do on a daily/Weekly/Monthly basis to get to where you want to be. Once you have written out all your affirmations practice them daily and take the actions you need to accomplish these goals.
V – Visualisation (5 minutes)
- This needs to be done immediately after your affirmations so that you can visualise yourself committed to your affirmations and completing all the tasks you have set yourself in order to reach your goal.
- Sit in a quiet place, breath deeply and close your eyes.
- Clear your mind.
- Create a clear mental picture using all your senses of what you want and see yourself doing everything you need to do to achieve your vision.
E – Exercise (10 minutes)
This doesn’t have to be in a gym there are lots of things you can do at home but make sure that you really enjoy it, and it gets your heart going so that you feel energised.
- 7-minute workout – download an app to your phone
- Go for a run
- Go for a brisk walk
- Practice yoga
- Meet up with a partner and play basketball/tennis etc
R – Reading (20 minutes)
This is a great opportunity to learn new skills to improve yourself or your business.
- Consider what you will gain from reading the book of your choice?
- If you’re not a big reader listen to an audio book.
- You don’t need to read a book from cover to cover. Check the contents page and choose what is most relevant to you.
- If you own the book you are reading make sure you highlight parts of the book you need to pay attention to and revisit. You can also highlight in a digital reader too.
- Summarise key ideas, insights, and things that you want to remember.
- Make sure you implement what you read to gain benefit for the time spent reading the book.
- Your book choice could include any of the following
- Personal development
So, for the new year implement something that will give you energy and help with your motivation to make 2022 your best year ever!
If you’d like support dealing with your tasks or brainstorming, please contact us.