Do you struggle to find the time to work on your business? Would you like to feel less stressed about what needs to be done? I think this may be the answer!
If you want to grow your business and don’t have the money to outsource immediately this is a great way to save time in your business. Automations can be set up for almost everything you can imagine anything from capturing leads to closing sales to serving customers to checking routine office tasks off the to-do list. When you’re trying to decide which aspects of your work you should automate, look at repetitive tasks that you perform the most frequently?
Automation is about setting up systems that work on their own with no input from you. As business owners we don’t know what we don’t know! There are many web apps that can help you save time in your business that you might not be aware of. First of all, find out which web apps could work for your business and if you don’t know where to start go to GetApp. If you create a free account, you can generate a report that will identify the best apps that could work for your business. There are lots of different apps, some are industry specific, and others are more general. Take a look and see what could work for you. Some of these apps will already integrate with each other and you can check this by going to their websites and search for integrations. If they don’t integrate and you want them to work together look at Zapier. This will link web apps with ‘zaps’ allowing information to be shared between them. It also allows you to do more with the integrations you already have as well as sharing information.
Many of us already have apps loaded onto our laptops that we don’t use effectively or even at all! If you have Microsoft office 365 on your laptop, you have a very powerful tool sitting right there that could save your lots and lots of time. Login to your online account and search for ‘Power Automate’. Here you will be able to set up flows for repetitive tasks that save you loads of time. There are workflows already set up that you can use, or you could set one up specifically for your business. Take a look and see what you think.
Here are a few examples of what you could do…..
With Power Automate
- Upload a video on YouTube and post on twitter – you can set up a flow to also post about it with a link on Twitter.
- Save Gmail attachments to your Google Drive.
- Email me with a list of upcoming Calendar events – (Analyse your calendar for the next week for locations, flights, hotels, and weather and send you an email summary of your upcoming week.)
- Create a task from a message – Trigger a flow to create a task in Planner from any message in Microsoft Teams.
- Create Todoist Tasks for important emails in Gmail – This template creates a task in Todoist when emails marked important are sent to your Gmail Inbox. You’ll need to select what project to add this task to.
- Create Trello cards for emails sent to Gmail – Get a Trello card opened for new emails to your Gmail Inbox. You can use the advanced settings for the email to provide a filter on the emails, such as text in the Subject or a particular To / From address.
Create an Automated Client Tracking Spreadsheet (using Google Forms, Google Sheets, & Zapier) – Create spreadsheet then Zapier makes a new workbook (tab) for the new client and you can set up different column titles.
- Connecting minutedock and xero. Minute dock is a time recording software, you create an invoice in minute dock and it sends it to Xero so that your invoice is created in your accounts software and you can then send it to your client.
- Automatically subscribe new PayPal customers to Mailchimp lists
- Share Instagram Photos to Twitter Automatically
- Post new RSS items to a Facebook Page
- Tweet new RSS Feed items
- Send email via Gmail for new SurveyMonkey responses.
- Create Trello cards from new starred Gmail emails [Business Gmail Accounts Only]
- Send new YouTube videos in a channel to a Facebook Page.
Think how much work you could get done in your business if you automate!
If you struggle with this let us help you. Contact us now.