What are the things that you should focus on that will make the biggest difference to your business? As small business owners we wear lots of hats and it can be overwhelming, especially at the beginning. We often don’t think outside the box to focus on the things that would save us time and money and move our business forwards. Here are a few ideas that could make a big difference to your business.
- Time Blocking
Block out time in your diary to work towards the goals for your business to move it forwards. If you do it at the same time every day or week it will soon become a habit. It doesn’t need to be for long and you’ll be surprised how soon you’ll see a difference. Small steps are still better than no steps at all!
You can also time block to work on projects so that you don’t miss deadlines.
Automate as many processes in your business as possible. The more things you can automate the more time you will save to work on other areas of your business or to earn more money. Here are just a few, take a look and see how many you could automate now.
- Social Media
- Scheduling meetings
- Customer feedback
- Email marketing
- Record keeping
There are many more but see what you can come up with for your business.
- Outsource Work!
When should you outsource work? Many small business owners think it’s cheaper to do a job themselves but actually, much of the time it’s not!
- If your chargeable rate is £50 per hour, why are you doing your admin when you could be paying someone £30 per hour to do it for you? You could be using your time more wisely by doing more income producing work!
- If you haven’t got the skills to do a job outsource it, it will cost you more in the long run if you do it yourself as it will take you longer to do it!
- If your missing deadlines because you haven’t got time to do everything!!
- Outsourcing can make your business more flexible, and you can improve your productivity and efficiency.
- The Pareto Principle or 80/20 Rule
The 80-20 rule is a principle that states 80% of all outcomes are derived from 20% of causes. Therefore, look at all areas of your business and see what 20% you could work on that creates the 80% of results.
- Customer Service
Let me know how you get on!
If you’d like support or to collaborate please contact us here